The Audi A6 Hybrid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overzealous Charging Part 2 ~ Aircon Compressor Replacement

+2
PapaaZ
Duracell
6 posters

Go down

Overzealous Charging Part 2  ~ Aircon Compressor Replacement Empty Re: Overzealous Charging Part 2 ~ Aircon Compressor Replacement

Post by yokohama123 Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Can somebody help me ... Can you check if Air is coming for rear passengers under the seat EVEN WHEN the rear aircon is OFF?

yokohama123

Back to top Go down

Overzealous Charging Part 2  ~ Aircon Compressor Replacement Empty Re: Overzealous Charging Part 2 ~ Aircon Compressor Replacement

Post by 'o'peeking Fri May 01, 2015 4:19 pm

I faced a similar issue with the tikus in the steering. Please see my post on steering noise, under Engine and Performance topic.
Greased it several times, had a repair kit put in, replace the shaft twice. It's been a few weeks, and so far so good. Crossing my fingers it does not return.

'o'peeking

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:49 am

a/c compressor - mine replaced

Was at Glenmarie on Friday morning.
The mechanic was explaining to one A6H customer that he has to wait for his compressor - heard he said "8 out of 10 had to be replaced"...

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by jan999 Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:09 pm

mine also compressor problem. in JB, waited 3.5 weeks, no sound from Audi at all!

jan999

Back to top Go down

Post by PapaaZ Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:36 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers  cheers  cheers cheers

PapaaZ

Back to top Go down

Overzealous Charging Part 2  ~ Aircon Compressor Replacement Empty Overzealous Charging Part 2 ~ Aircon Compressor Replacement

Post by Duracell Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:08 am

Evening,
 Just a follow up and interesting note.
Last year had the Thermostat replaced ( sweltering roasted 5 hours drive) in Audi. Everything is well and good.

Noted that warning "Hybrid System Problem" occasionally flashed even when less then a year old (Audi checked & says-no worry until it flashed again). So bout 2 month ago, Christmas Tree in yellow... Restarting the engine calmed the problem for a while before Disco starts again.

Audi diagnosed and replaced the AirCon compressor (no sure how many AC compressor in Hybrid).
Learned that the cabin was a little warm due to faulty compressor and the hybrid shut down due to insufficient cooling from AirCon. Diagnosed and report to KL, replacement authorised within 2 days-Thumbs Up for Audi Penang. 1 week plus later parts arrived, changed without charges.

As my earlier post below bout overcharging:
OverCharging Post

Now am getting easily below 10l/100km (prior 13l+100km) in Urban driving. Aircon is comfortable even set at 23C (Compared to earlier 18-20C).
My amateur Theory: Engine Restarting often to compensate the "dying" compressor to cool the Battery.
Am happy now the fuel economy is back to the original before my earlier post.

Do pay attention to the Warning Light on Hybrid Battery!!!

PS1- Anyone have squeeky tikus living in their steering? (Solved after Audi greased it 2nd time)
ps2- Finally narrowed down the kick open boot "Joystick" motion Smile  to 95% success. Tested on 3 Hybrid and latest A8L. Let me know if anyone is interested. (Up Up Left Right Down A+B+C Razz )

Duracell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down