The Audi A6 Hybrid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3M security tint with 3M Nomad mats package

5 posters

Go down

3M security tint with 3M Nomad mats package Empty Re: 3M security tint with 3M Nomad mats package

Post by Gigabelova Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:37 pm

kcho wrote:would 3M crystalline/ceramic tint affect house autogate remote control, and the handphone/GPS reception?
It doesn't affect the remote control I use to open the gate in front of my house, but I do have issues with the RFID FOB I use to open the boom gate over at my apartment. It doesn't read through my window but the moment I open the window, it reads instantly. I also have issues with SmartTag. May have to make that credit card opening Admin has posted in the thread. Cellular and GPS-wise I do not see any issues.

Another thing to note is that I do have the safety tint that is quite a bit thicker installed along with the Crystalline for the side windows.

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

3M security tint with 3M Nomad mats package Empty Re: 3M security tint with 3M Nomad mats package

Post by Admin Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:25 am

kcho wrote:would 3M crystalline/ceramic tint affect house autogate remove control, and the handphone/GPS reception?
No issues with any of those

Admin
Admin

https://a6hybrid.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kcho Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:18 am

would 3M crystalline/ceramic tint affect house autogate remote control, and the handphone/GPS reception?

Last edited by kcho on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

kcho

Back to top Go down

Post by audible Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:02 am

hi all, will be getting my car next week. Has anyone try the 3M outlet in Taman Tun ?

audible

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:28 am

Gigabelova wrote:Admin,

Thanks for the picture! Are you able to see the eyebrow and cut-out from outside the car? The cut-out looks pretty obvious. You 3M would honor its warranty if I did it at your friend's place even though I bought it from a dealer in Ampang? If I can, I would definitely go there.
From the outside, you will only be able to see a faint outline of edges since for most part of the cutting, the anti glare tint has already got it covered.

Being authorized distributors, they will only warranty against their own outlet's work so you won't be able to claim warranty at another outlet.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigabelova Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Admin,

Thanks for the picture! Are you able to see the eyebrow and cut-out from outside the car? The cut-out looks pretty obvious. You 3M would honor its warranty if I did it at your friend's place even though I bought it from a dealer in Ampang? If I can, I would definitely go there.

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigabelova Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:08 pm

charm wrote:Bro Admin - Thanks for sharing your experience.

Bro Giga - Won't Crystalline 40 be too dark for front windscreen. Even 50 is probably too dark, no?
Hmm, haven't had any issues with the road blocks so far. I think Crystalline 50 is not dark enough personally as you can still clearly see the occupants from outside, however, that is not the reason I would prefer Crystalline 40. I'd take 40 because it provides a higher TSER. I think for the money, 3M is the best bang for the buck. I just called Fortitude and it seems they won't replace the tint with C50 tint C40 thought they will do a retint. So much for wanting C40 then I guess...

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:07 pm

charm wrote:Bro Admin - Thanks for sharing your experience.

Bro Giga - Won't Crystalline 40 be too dark for front windscreen. Even 50 is probably too dark, no?
Yes, Crystalline 50 is quite dark from the outside already so 40 will look nearly pitch black. The beautiful thing about 3M is that when you are inside looking out, it's still crystal clear but you will run into jpj hassles in road blocks. So, I stuck with what's legal and I'm mighty pleased to say, it's working out well so far

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by charm Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:56 pm

Bro Admin - Thanks for sharing your experience.

charm

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:44 am

Here is a pic. I'm not very good with the camera so please excuse the bad quality

Bro giga, it looks like the workmanship on your tint is very bad and you should invoke the warranty for replacement. The installation on mine is perfect.

I'd greatly recommend this 3M shop in Kuchai lama both for their good price and professionalism. I've recommended him to my friend, who's a member here and he's personally saw the installer tearing off an entire tint on one of the windows because of imperfections. If you search Paul tan on 3m tint, there was a feature on 3M a couple of years ago. In one of those pictures, you see a baby faced bald guy. He's the owner of the outlet. Long time 3M authorised distributor and a model installer.

Picture shows the view shot from interior. Notice the credit card sized cut and then plastered over with a anti glare film. Just place your smart tag there and you don't have to wind down the window anymore

3M security tint with 3M Nomad mats package F90a

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigabelova Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:16 am

I had mine done at Ampang when I collected the car. Went with Crystalline 50 all around. Maybe I am OCD but I don't seem to like the workmanship there. There's so many spots where dust seems to have got trapped. Here are some photos (these were notoriously hard to take on the iPhone 5's autofocusing camera, so I had to employ some tricks like fingerprinting):

Front windscreen (several spots throughout, but only one visible here):
3M security tint with 3M Nomad mats package Img_5310

Rear windscreen (several spots throughout):
3M security tint with 3M Nomad mats package Img_5230

Front Passenger side window (One huge spot):
3M security tint with 3M Nomad mats package Img_5311

I'm thinking of going back to Fortitude Auto Sdn Bhd and asking for either a refund or rework. This time I might just go with Crystalline 40... While at it I'll probably do something for the SmartTag as well since I hate winding down my windows everytime. BTW Admin, do you mind sharing a couple photos of how yours is done for the front windscreen?

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Yes, it's true that smart tag will have issues with Crystalline. What the guys do is that they will make an opening the size of a credit card on the top of the windscreen with the entire top 30% of the windscreen tinted with a darker anti glare. This will not only prevent direct sun glare but cover the credit card sold opening nicely.

Your other option is not to opt for Crystalline but the ceramic based 3m nano tint instead, I think that's slightly cheaper too.

I was a long term Vkool elite user too and I cannot be happier with 3M Crystalline. Super product and a offers better performance than Vkool, in my opinion

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by charm Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi Admin, I'm getting my car soon and leaning towards 3M window films. I've been using V-Kool in the past. However, I was advised against using Crystalline 70 for the windscreen since my Smartag won't work. Is that true? How's your experience with Crystalline 70? Many thanks!

charm

Back to top Go down

3M security tint with 3M Nomad mats package Empty 3M security tint with 3M Nomad mats package

Post by Admin Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:47 pm

3M Kuchai Lama is having another promo as follows

3M Crystalline 70 for front windscreen and sunroof
3M Crystalline 60 for rear windscreen
3M nano 70 security tint for all 4 windows
3M Nomad custom-cut floor mats - fully sewn edges with Audi 4-rings logo worth $400
3M Nomad mats package
Durashield protective coating on front headlamps, edges of 4 doors and inner door handle worth $650

Special package of $2700 all in with 5 year 3M warranty. Package also applies to other saloon makes

Customers can choose to replace the tint film to darker ones example choosing Crystalline 40 instead of 60, at no extra cost. However, since JPJ compliance is not met with darker tints, no JPJ compliance warranty will be given but original 3M 5 year warranty on film and workmanship remains

For info, call fong 019-3189799

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down