The Audi A6 Hybrid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest fuel consumption

+11
mamadA6H
PapaaZ
kcho
genkis3
SJohn
shaun88
Gigabelova
Screwu
walkman
Admin
Casioguy
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Latest fuel consumption - Page 2 Empty Re: Latest fuel consumption

Post by PapaaZ Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:08 pm

Thank youu Sir admin for your advise that EV mode should not be used on long distances, I thought we can use EV mode sparingly as the manual stated as long as the cruise speed is below 100km/h?

It shortern the life span of the electric motor?

PapaaZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:36 pm

Papaa Z wrote:Fully aware this is old topic, but I recently achieved the FC below spec from Melaka to Shah Alam, but the EV button was pressed whenever possible along the whole journey... & at times scruise at 100km & below obviously due to limit of EV mode. Laughing

It took me 1 hr 51 min though.... it was near mid night, no air cond, sun roof tilted.

My long term FC is 8.9L/100km...after 11k km  bounce 

https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/18/63/09/87/img_1119.jpg

It must be torturous driving like a snail.  But its good to know that if we really want, this 1.8 tonne monster can perform frugally.

My cherating trip last month doing above 160kmh throughout the journey with spurts of 180kmh and occasional balls dropping 210kmh, it returned 9.7l/100km

Btw, EV should not be used on long distances. You should do pulse and glide by feathering the throttle light enough that only battery power is used.

Admin
Admin

https://a6hybrid.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post by PapaaZ Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Fully aware this is old topic, but I recently achieved the FC below spec from Melaka to Shah Alam, but the EV button was pressed whenever possible along the whole journey... & at times scruise at 100km & below obviously due to limit of EV mode. Laughing

It took me 1 hr 51 min though.... it was near mid night, no air cond, sun roof tilted.

My long term FC is 8.9L/100km...after 11k km  bounce 

https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/18/63/09/87/img_1119.jpg

PapaaZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Have done about 2800+ km so far. The four refills have been consistently giving me about 8.9 to 9.3l/100km on about 60% highways, occasional spirited driving and regular hybrid style in moving traffic.

No complaints on FC. Pretty good and very nearly on par with the BMW diesels.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kcho Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:20 am

Have done 780km with RM190 fuel (90.47litre)=11.6l/100km in pure city drive. Most of the time driving alone, meaning no extra passenger load.
yesterday was on PLUS highway with 2 passenger. 8.4l/100km running at 100km/h, improved to 7.4l/100km when slow down to 80km/h (due to heavy rain).

No wind noise.

kcho

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigabelova Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:21 am

genkis3 wrote:usually i'll refuel at 2bar, and the meter only show +-400km.
haiz... driving in penang island, every corner have traffic lights...scratch 
Are those 2 out of 4 bars or 2 our of 8 bars? 2 out of 8 with 400 range kms sound a lot assuming stop and go traffic.

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:07 pm

usually i'll refuel at 2bar, and the meter only show +-400km.
haiz... driving in penang island, every corner have traffic lights...scratch 

genkis3

Back to top Go down

Post by SJohn Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:54 am

Yup, agree that we should not build the habit of running with low fuel frequently.

BTW, just did one record tank with 780km Smile Long term records read as 12.1km/l not bad considering its the result of combined driving conditions.

But I wont do it again, practically the on board computer came out with the warning on low fuel. Will try to refuel at 2 bar in future.
SJohn
SJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Gigabelova wrote:Hi guys, I have yet to run my A6H to rock bottom tank. For those of you who have, how many KMs can you get for a full tank? I am thinking 600-650 or so for mine but I've never done it. I hardly drive economically, rather I always try to keep the battery charge up with no regard to fuel consumption.
A good read

The dangers of running on an empty fuel tank

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:07 pm

Yeah, 450km on a full tank is too low. And it's probably due to your first full tank pumped by the SA cos during the delivery briefing, nearly one hour is spent sitting in a stationary car.

I've never run the tank to empty because its important for the fuel pump to be lubricated on enough fuel. I will usually get a refill when it reaches two notches and then pump up to about 3/4 tank full - F1 tip - lesser fuel load, lighter. Petty but that's me.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaun88 Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:08 am

OK to be more exact, the last full tank were pump by Audi SA (FOC) and maybe it`s not 100% full? So now I will check again after I pump it full last week,

shaun88

Back to top Go down

Latest fuel consumption - Page 2 Empty 450 km?

Post by Casioguy Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:25 am

That sounds really low, meaning a terrible fuel consumption. I normally get around 750-800 km on a full tank even with rather aggressive driving style (mix of 50/50 highway & town) on auto mode.

Casioguy

Back to top Go down

Post by shaun88 Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:58 pm

No I use Auto mode! Something wrong?

shaun88

Back to top Go down

Post by Screwu Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:48 pm

450km on a full tank? Mebe if u r on S mode 24-7... I get around 800km on a full tank...

Screwu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigabelova Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:43 pm

shaun88 wrote:I only can achieved around 450KM for full tank with town driving with a very economical driving style. Good fuel consumption??
That can't be right... What is economical to you and what is a full tank? Did you pump it till the trigger popped?

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

Post by shaun88 Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:29 am

I only can achieved around 450KM for full tank with town driving with a very economical driving style. Good fuel consumption??

shaun88

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigabelova Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi guys, I have yet to run my A6H to rock bottom tank. For those of you who have, how many KMs can you get for a full tank? I am thinking 600-650 or so for mine but I've never done it. I hardly drive economically, rather I always try to keep the battery charge up with no regard to fuel consumption.

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

Post by Screwu Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:38 pm

The only difference in the fuels are the additive package due to different formulation used by respective oil companies. It is also a fact that when an oil company launches a new fuel, they put a higher dose of additives for the first few months so that consumers get that feel good factor...subsequently, the levels will b reduced back to normal

Screwu

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Gigabelova wrote:Is there a study into fuel breakdown and chemical composition for the different fuels here in Malaysia?
There was a study commissioned by UPM or UUM, can't remember, and posted in Paul tan blog a few years ago and it affirms that not all petrols are equal. There were some which packed higher energy output, probably difference in the additive used.

I used to like ProJet then until it was taken over by Shell.

The study blurred out the names of the petrol companies

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Latest fuel consumption - Page 2 Empty latest fuel consumption

Post by Casioguy Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:05 am

Interesting. I thought all brands of petrol are the same as long as it is RON95 or 97. I too use only Shell but will try BHP and see.

Casioguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigabelova Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:02 am

Is there a study into fuel breakdown and chemical composition for the different fuels here in Malaysia?

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:37 am

Gigabelova wrote:
Admin wrote:
Screwu wrote:Bro admin, how can only 1250 km done in 3months!! Sayang sgt kereta ni...I'm already at 10k km in 3 months...and that's alternating with my other ride...btw heard from a little birdie that govt is mulling to introduce Ron 91...maybe to replace ron95...the figures u guys mention here is it with Ron 95 or 97?
I work from home and have another vehicle to run basic errands with.  I use the A6h mostly on weekends and important client meetups hence the low mileage.

I'm on RON95 and always only do BHP which I find is the best fuel for my cars.  And I never ever touch Shell.

My friend who's got his fuel bills taken care of by the company used RON97 and from the mileage reported on his A6h, there's practically no difference in the mileage
Why 'never ever touch Shell'? In fact, that is all I use as my company provides me with a Shell Card.
Shell fuel is 'volatile'. It can be good at times but mostly, gives poor performance at most other. A situation concurred by most drivers who like to experiment with their fuel suppliers. Their only consistent performer is V Power.

I've a friend who used to drive an old Waja who uses shell exclusively because of bonus link points. However, his car literally couldn't move on shell's Ron95 and had to use ron97. I've asked him to try BHP ron95 and he's been a convert ever since. I think its true when BHP claimed that they used twice the reocmmended additive formula in their fuels, breeding the tag line premium fuel at no extra charge

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigabelova Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:01 pm

Admin wrote:
Screwu wrote:Bro admin, how can only 1250 km done in 3months!! Sayang sgt kereta ni...I'm already at 10k km in 3 months...and that's alternating with my other ride...btw heard from a little birdie that govt is mulling to introduce Ron 91...maybe to replace ron95...the figures u guys mention here is it with Ron 95 or 97?
I work from home and have another vehicle to run basic errands with.  I use the A6h mostly on weekends and important client meetups hence the low mileage.

I'm on RON95 and always only do BHP which I find is the best fuel for my cars.  And I never ever touch Shell.

My friend who's got his fuel bills taken care of by the company used RON97 and from the mileage reported on his A6h, there's practically no difference in the mileage
Why 'never ever touch Shell'? In fact, that is all I use as my company provides me with a Shell Card.

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:03 am

I work from home and have another vehicle to run basic errands with. I use the A6h mostly on weekends and important client meetups hence the low mileage.

I'm on RON95 and always only do BHP which I find is the best fuel for my cars. And I never ever touch Shell.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Screwu Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:46 am

Bro admin, how can only 1250 km done in 3months!! Sayang sgt kereta ni...I'm already at 10k km in 3 months...and that's alternating with my other ride...btw heard from a little birdie that govt is mulling to introduce Ron 91...maybe to replace ron95...the figures u guys mention here is it with Ron 95 or 97?

Screwu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next