The Audi A6 Hybrid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest fuel consumption

+11
mamadA6H
PapaaZ
kcho
genkis3
SJohn
shaun88
Gigabelova
Screwu
walkman
Admin
Casioguy
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Latest fuel consumption Empty Re: Latest fuel consumption

Post by SJohn Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:37 am

I once hit 900km per tank. But was driving like an old man coz heavy traffic on NSE during CNY, no jam but was driving 80-90-100km/h both to/fro JB-KL.
SJohn
SJohn

Back to top Go down

Post by jan999 Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:25 am

honestly, many will expect very good FC from hybrid. fact is, our car is D seg and heavy enough and at 200plus horsepower.

average of 9 to 10km/L is acceptable to me.

jan999

Back to top Go down

Post by OngSY Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:20 am

On the highway doing mostly 118 km/h, my car fc is 15 km/l. That equates to 6.7l/100 km. Pretty close to what was specified.

OngSY

Back to top Go down

Post by kcho Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:51 am

My car has clocked 50000km. It is still very powerful and fuel efficient.
100% city driving under hot sun with air cond blowing, it can managed with 10 to 11 l/100km,
but on highway, cruising between 110 to 120km/l, it only sips 6.5 to 6.8l/100km.
Last month I drove from Kedah to Melaka, about 650km journey, it consumed only 3/4 of tank.
Seeing is believing.

kcho

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:34 am

i'm a bit crazy... even at average of 120-160 km/h speed, the fc is bad because i always push the accelerator all the way down whenever there is any opportunity (like when someone move over giving me way). so, above 530 km with two bars left is normal for me.

Driven more than 50,000 km and never reached 800 km on a full tank (highest was like 630 km when I pushed till the fuel bar turned red). so, i think 550 km a tank is normal. If Audi could fix it to go above 650 km per tank, it would be great. sunny

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by Vin1895 Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:07 am

mamadA6H wrote:hi... my average for 5,000 km is 10.5km/l
daily routine of 70% hiway; a tank can go about 550-570 km, when refuel warning appears.
no way i can go near 7L/100km

what is the speed that you drive on highway? if average 120 - 140, 550 - 570km per tank for 70% highway driving is quite high. One guy on fb when i posted this thread on audi group stated that he can get average 800km per tank, and if he cruise on highway around 110kmh he get about 1080km.

I think there is an unknown issue that is causing this, and its not showing up in the instrument cluster as warning. Might be a good idea to bring in to SC for a check up. I'll be sending mine in this Friday.

Vin1895

Back to top Go down

Post by davlimhl Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:06 am

I usually refuel the tank when the level indicator reaches 3 bar....getting between 470 to 500km range.

davlimhl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vin1895 Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:02 am

davlimhl wrote:Mine is all short distant drives with lots of traffic jam, managing around 8.5 km/l only.
8.5km/l in city driving is quite okay i guess. What is the range which you are getting per tank ?

Vin1895

Back to top Go down

Post by davlimhl Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:00 am

Nope, in D mode with Auto setting.

I believe the low mileage is due to traffic jam where hybrid battery mostly drains off and need engine to charge... Embarassed

davlimhl

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:11 am

davlimhl wrote:Mine is all short distant drives with lots of traffic jam, managing around 8.5 km/l only.

it's like you are on S with dynamic setting all the time...

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by davlimhl Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:04 am

Mine is all short distant drives with lots of traffic jam, managing around 8.5 km/l only.

davlimhl

Back to top Go down

Latest fuel consumption Empty always around 10km/l

Post by mamadA6H Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:28 am

hi... my average for 5,000 km is 10.5km/l
daily routine of 70% hiway; a tank can go about 550-570 km, when refuel warning appears.
no way i can go near 7L/100km

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by jan999 Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:29 am

mine mainly city drive, ard 600 to 650km per tank

jan999

Back to top Go down

Post by Vin1895 Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:34 am

14:33:24
OngSY wrote:Hi.  I think for really economical driving, the speed should be within 90 km/h to 110 km/h.  This would be for highway driving.  A full tank should get you at least 800 km.

A full tank will get me around 550 - 750km max, with cruise control at 90 most of the time on highway.

Vin1895

Back to top Go down

Latest fuel consumption Empty Agreed...I had achieved on highway at about 100km/h to 110km/h & achieved 6.5l/100km, by the way, spec is 6.2l/km

Post by PapaaZ Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:55 am

Vin1895 wrote:Hi guys, what is the latest Fuel consumption you guys are getting ( l/100km )

If I'm driving like how I would drive a regular car, i would get around 11-14l/100km ( below 200kmh + city driving ) and I can get maximum 650km per tank ( even if I drive in an Eco way).

Quite disappointed as it should do 6.1l/100km according to Audi ( now it's doubled ) I've seen a guy posted 900km range , so I think this is possible.

My car takes some noticeable time to reach 200 and it struggles to go up after 210kmh

Is there any problem with my vehicle, there isn't any warning signs from the instrument cluster. It's been like this for few month even after just servicing the car for 60k km.

PapaaZ

Back to top Go down

Post by OngSY Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:34 am

Hi.  I think for really economical driving, the speed should be within 90 km/h to 110 km/h.  This would be for highway driving.  A full tank should get you at least 800 km.

OngSY

Back to top Go down

Post by Vin1895 Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:06 am

Hi guys, what is the latest Fuel consumption you guys are getting ( l/100km )

If I'm driving like how I would drive a regular car, i would get around 11-14l/100km ( below 200kmh + city driving ) and I can get maximum 650km per tank ( even if I drive in an Eco way).

Quite disappointed as it should do 6.1l/100km according to Audi ( now it's doubled ) I've seen a guy posted 900km range , so I think this is possible.

My car takes some noticeable time to reach 200 and it struggles to go up after 210kmh

Is there any problem with my vehicle, there isn't any warning signs from the instrument cluster. It's been like this for few month even after just servicing the car for 60k km.

Vin1895

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:39 am

Daily commuting to and from work, i ran across at least two A6H. Followed one two days ago and noticed he was also a bit mellow along the stop-and-go traffic.

You r right, we have the best of both worlds - just need to appreciate each at the right time. In comparison to your monstrous E90, the A6H has similar torque... but handles so much differently. It is not quite close to your RWD's BMs during cornering.

This' my first giant with 400+ Nm of torque and love Audi's turbo especially when needed most: overtaking. I keep hoping there is a better solution to the braking - did anybody test other brake pads? I'm sure the car could behave and stops smoother with some twitching of the ECU or whatever.

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:13 am

I used to drive aggressively too with my e90 320d with performance Powerkit and DTUK piggyback. Monstrous 450nm torque and the BMW sweeps the corners beautifully.

There was a culture shock when I set foot into the a6h. Many techniques have to be realigned and expectations recalibrated. Now when I step into the car, sub consciously, I can drive sedately with the aim of optimizing the car's efficiency with my lower expectations of performance

I'll still drive aggressively when I can example, hard charges in manual paddle shift mode during morning weekend blasts, downshifts to sports mode when overtaking (much more efficient than depressing the accelerator, where response is slow in comfort mode) but whenever I can, I will also anticipate traffic and make full use of regen energy in braking, coasting and gliding.

So, yeah, you can have the best of both worlds with this car.

Admin
Admin

https://a6hybrid.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:59 am

Thanks Bro.
I'm a bit of an aggressive driver thrashing my S40 2.4 N.A. most of the time. I find the softer set up of A6H and the regen brakes difficult to adjust to. Hope to be able to adjust faster as i have to live with this creature now.
Will try your method - KL drivers will surely hurt my ego by diving and cutting in front of me during stop-and-go traffic. Gotta stay cool - lucky the A6H DRL is really cool, so the driver must maintain the composure.  Cool 

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 am

The grabbing brakes is a by product of regen braking. You have to live with it, especially on abrupt stop-go situations.

To ease the discomfort, what you can do is to do progressive braking. This is how...

Do not speed ahead in stop go situations, lightly depress the accelerator, slowly move ahead. Try to anticipate stoppage ahead and then lightly feather the brake pedal until if comes to a complete stop.

You do NOT want to put the gear in N before stopping. Losing drivetrain while driving is very dangerous in events where you need to perform sudden maneuvers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:34 am

Thanks Bro Admin for the tip - getting used to the machine as days go by.

Next... How do we adjust to the braking of A6H which is very very difficult to control during traffic jam. I tried to use S mode, slightly better control (not sure if that is just better feel but still not able to control the braking smoothly).

Tested my colleague's method by pushing the gear to N just prior to stopping. It works at the traffic light. In stop-and-go or traffic jam, i'm struggling with the brake. Appreciate feedback. Thanks ALL~!

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:44 am

Bro mamad

I think its ok that engine kicks in. Like I said, I'd rather invoke than force EV. Invoking means I'll try to feather the throttle but if the ECU thinks for the tasks at hand it requires more energy and thus kicking in the engine, so be it. Forcing EV may just result in efficiency losses as explained.

So, for your short trips to the mosque, just let the ECU decide.

I do agree tho' that the charging rate is too subtle unless one puts in on sports mode. So, if one is anticipating jam ahead, try to invoke more regen charging prior but it'll only help a little as a prolonged stop go traffic will still drain the batteries quickly

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:07 am

Admin wrote:Hi bro papaa z

I never used EV mode because I've learnt how to feather the throttle light enough to invoke rather than force electric driving.  

-----------

Yeah... good practical advice.

Another dilemma I face is the lack of battery charge when i need to drive in EV... say i wanna go to the mosque or grocery store a km away. with one bar left, the engine will kick in.

The manual stated that the battery can be charged. as A6H is not a plug-in hybrid, it could still be done using the commercial battery charger (I supposed can buy lah - don't shoot me!) though opening the bonnet and charging the battery would be unthinkable... haha.

If this is possible... it would be nice having a full battery every morning after overnight charge.

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:34 pm

Hi bro papaa z

The best explanation on why not to 'abuse' EV mode is from the Prius forums in the US. I copy it here for you.

I never used EV mode because I've learnt how to feather the throttle light enough to invoke rather than force electric driving.

-----------

The general answer is "don't" - using EV mode is mostly a mileage killer.

The long answer is that EV mode is good for a small number of special circumstances:

1) Moving a short distance, such as backing out of your garage or changing parking spaces.

2) Holding off the engine when you know a long downhill is coming. In this way you can maximize regenerated energy.

3) Controlling the use of the engine when in stop and go driving. You can see down the road and anticipate the conditions; your car's computer can't.

That's about it.

Tom

Edit: I forgot the most important use - impressing your friends.

---------

Driving in EV mode is like living off of your credit card. In the short run it feels like you are doing well, because you get all of these great things for free. Eventually, though, you have to pay off the balance, with interest.

In EV mode you burn electricity stored in the battery. That electricity came from burning gas in the engine. The complete cycle goes like this: Burn gas to make mechanical energy, spin the generator to make electricity from the mechanical energy, pass the electricity through the DC to DC converter to get the right voltage for the HV battery, store the electricity in the battery by converting it to chemical energy, convert the chemical energy back into electricity, convert the electricity to the proper voltage by running it through the inverter, and finally convert the electricity into mechanical energy by running it through MG2 (motor-generator 2).

That is a long list of conversions, and each one wastes energy. The conversion steps are the interest on your credit card. They are the cost of storing and reusing energy.

For best mileage, you want to avoid all of these conversion steps. You get that by directly powering the Prius with the engine. If we could always drive at just one speed, a Prius would be a lot more efficient without all of the batteries and electric motors. Unfortunately the real world doesn't allow this, so we have the hybrid system to help with all of the awkward moments of real world driving. The hybrid system helps reduce losses in these situationist -- it does not improve the efficiency compared to driving on the engine in ideal conditions.

In short, you want to use EV when losses would otherwise be greater, such as sitting at a traffic light. But you don't want to force EV when all it does is add additional losses to the system. Your instantaneous mileage will look better, but you will pay for it down the road, with interest.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next