The Audi A6 Hybrid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drive Select Modes

+2
walkman
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Drive Select Modes Empty Re: Drive Select Modes

Post by mamadA6H Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:07 pm

i have the same question and the answer is as below, unless other source stated otherwise... a few article/ ppl claimed that the comfort and dynamic modes affect the way the suspension behave... NO.

http://www.audi.com.sg/content/dam/ngw/sea/sg/Models/Audi%20Downloads/Catalogues/Audi%20A6.pdf

The brochure stated "In S mode, driving is decidedly dynamic thanks to sporty engine and transmission settings."

...just "engine' and "transmission" settings...

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by yokohama123 Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:08 am

Hi. Can someone tell me..... In drive select. Other than steering and enegine geerbox.. is Suspension also adjusting automatically?(Stiff and light)

yokohama123

Back to top Go down

Post by rsrajin Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:06 am

Bro genkis3,

It returns back to D!!

Looks like Audi wants to make really really sure "if" you want to drive in dynamic mode Rolling Eyes 

rsrajin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:56 am

rsrajin wrote:Finally broke the 1,500km run in period. Switched to dynamic drive for the first time today.

WOW!!  

The other modes pale in comparison. Will just stick to dynamic for now in continuing the wow factor .. Smile

I still have about 500km to go before I can unleash hell. Hehe

Meanwhile, enjoying the slow comfort drive and using hybrid driving techniques as much as possible since I foresee I won't be using it too often after that.

Admin
Admin

https://a6hybrid.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:45 am

genkis3 wrote:i thought drive select modes are not affect A6H suspension... correct me if im wrong.

I think you may be right as the A6h is not equipped with adaptive air suspension.  The guy at audizine claimed that the standard Audi drive select mode also 'tightens' the damping of the absorbers/suspension in dynamic modes while the AAS allows for more dynamic changes to speed including lowering and raising the height of the car.  Don't know which is correct but one thing's sure, use comfort mode for longer distance drives.  The car will be very much at home in auto mode settings in normal city drives

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:28 pm

rsrajin,
could u do me a favour?
switch to dynamic mode the gearbox will switch to S-mode. try switch off engine, restart and see gearbox is still in S or D...
mine will return to D .Sad 

genkis3

Back to top Go down

Post by rsrajin Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:43 pm

Finally broke the 1,500km run in period. Switched to dynamic drive for the first time today.

WOW!!  

The other modes pale in comparison. Will just stick to dynamic for now in continuing the wow factor .. Smile

rsrajin

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:53 pm

i thought drive select modes are not affect A6H suspension... correct me if im wrong.

genkis3

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:45 am

Twisted Evil 
walkman wrote:Individual:
Dynamic Steering, Comfort Engine/Gearbox

Recommendation in audi forums is not to use comfort mode in normal drives as the suspension of setting is set to comfort soft and compromises handling especially high speed and cornering.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by walkman Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:58 am

Individual:
Dynamic Steering, Comfort Engine/Gearbox
walkman
walkman

Back to top Go down

Drive Select Modes Empty Drive Select Modes

Post by Admin Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:26 am

What drive select modes are you on?

According to the manual, the individual drive select modes are best suited to the following scenarios

Comfort - Long, straight highway drives on that valid kampung moment

Auto - Most ideal for daily drive, speed based auto adjustment of steering, suspension and engine response.

Dynamic -for that clear city roads on weekends or first part of that famous long twisty stretches of the Karak - East Coast highway

Individual - my default setting now for city drives. I find The steering to be too light on auto thus I adjusted for the steering to be in dynamic while engine/gearbox to be in auto. Tighter steering control now, still light and devoid of road feel but much better than auto mode exclusively.

What's yours?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum