The Audi A6 Hybrid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satisfaction

+6
davidng
CarOnLine
genkis3
walkman
Admin
shaun88
10 posters

Go down

Satisfaction Empty Re: Satisfaction

Post by jan999 Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:14 pm

wait till u tested BMW start stop system. macam the car going to kong anytime soon.

jan999

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:30 am

edwardpua wrote: slightly jerky auto start stop from get go, is it normal?
Normal. If you want to reduce it, gently pulse the accelerator so that it moves on battery power. As you accelerate more, the ECU will sense that you need more power and then start the engine as you are moving along. The start-stop jerkiness is negligible when the car is in motion compared to the start-stop from go. Anyway, after awhile, you'll get used to it and wouldn't give two hecks to it.

Compared to the start stop systems on other hybrids, I'll say the Audi has the smoother implementation

Admin
Admin

https://a6hybrid.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post by edwardpua Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:22 am

slightly jerky auto start stop from get go, is it normal?

edwardpua

Back to top Go down

Post by kcho Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:08 am

walkman wrote:Just took delivery my ride and drove a bit in 1Utama area and back to Ipoh. After short city driving stint and 200km+ highway driving, I think I miss my Beemer. There is no steering feel in this car. The brake pedal is a bit high and it is not progressive. Start stop driving in KL made my ankle a bit strained. Apart from driving experience, this is a comfortable car. I do not have wind noise issue until much higher speed, 140kph? I will keep posting as I spend more time with it.
Yes, I agree with you that the brake pedal is a bit high. This can be compensate by putting you seat higher, less ankle strain.

kcho

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigabelova Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:27 am

That being said, I still love my A6H!

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigabelova Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:27 am

Admin wrote:Yeah, agree with Walkman on the numb steering feel too.  There's nothing like the conventional power steering of the e90 M sports.  Did you try Dynamic drive mode, should help mitigate somewhat.  

You have to get used to regenerative braking. It can be abrupt when both engine and regen braking kicks in simultaneously and is a known and accepted negative of any hybrid
I have driven a Camry Hybrid as well as the Prius Hybrid when I was working in the US, and both those cars had seamless brake regeneration. You could not tell when brake regeneration was working if you did not look at the information display. I think the issue of our brake pedal feel is more about calibration than hardware so over time Audi should be able to correct this but I would have to say in terms of hybrid technology is still years away from Toyota.

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

Post by davidng Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Pro of A6H
comfort and stable ride
technology and stunning interior
Tax free car
Unique in JB area
low fuel consumption for me compare to my previous ride (E46 328i)
Good spec has been provide eg. first aids kit, sunroof, MMI, aluminium interior.

Con of A6H
Feel nothing from the steering
Very poor handling
small boot space
Ugly rim (for me)
wind noise

davidng

Back to top Go down

Post by shaun88 Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:07 pm

Thanks Walkman and CarOnLine! Now you make me feel good and right choices! Cheers for A6H

shaun88

Back to top Go down

Post by CarOnLine Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:07 pm

I am sure one satisfied customer migrate from E60.
CarOnLine
CarOnLine

Back to top Go down

Post by walkman Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:43 pm

shaun88 wrote:Looks like Bimmber is better choice from the performance standpoint? I used to have E60, After all your feedback I become so anxious and worry about my upcoming A6H
It all depends on what you are looking for. For driving pleasure, unless is Audi with quattro, few marques can beat Bimmers. For comfort, exclusiveness and luxury, and not to mention the specifications on this A6H, Audi is still a very good choice. I will choose it anytime over a Benz.
walkman
walkman

Back to top Go down

Post by shaun88 Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Looks like Bimmber is better choice from the performance standpoint? I used to have E60, After all your feedback I become so anxious and worry about my upcoming A6H

shaun88

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:35 pm

i hate regenerative braking!

genkis3

Back to top Go down

Post by walkman Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Admin wrote:Yeah, agree with Walkman on the numb steering feel too.  There's nothing like the conventional power steering of the e90 M sports.  Did you try Dynamic drive mode, should help mitigate somewhat.  

You have to get used to regenerative braking. It can be abrupt when both engine and regen braking kicks in simultaneously and is a known and accepted negative of any hybrid
Dynamic mode only makes the steering heavier, never improve its feel.
walkman
walkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Yeah, agree with Walkman on the numb steering feel too.  There's nothing like the conventional power steering of the e90 M sports.  Did you try Dynamic drive mode, should help mitigate somewhat.  

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by walkman Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Just took delivery my ride and drove a bit in 1Utama area and back to Ipoh. After short city driving stint and 200km+ highway driving, I think I miss my Beemer. There is no steering feel in this car. The brake pedal is a bit high and it is not progressive. Start stop driving in KL made my ankle a bit strained. Apart from driving experience, this is a comfortable car. I do not have wind noise issue until much higher speed, 140kph? I will keep posting as I spend more time with it.
walkman
walkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:05 pm

I'll list the cons instead

- puny boot space
- slightly jerky auto start stop from get go. Once on the move, the switch between engine and battery power is seamless and unnoticeable
- most complaints I hear is that the hybrid is not as fuel saving as its made out to be but that's only because most owners are not optimizing their driving habits in favor of hybrid mode
- minor quality issues, like minor suspension sound over a stretch of bumpy roads and initial wind noise above 100kmh which is totally unacceptable for a car of this class (but has since been rectified)
- Hideous looking turbine rims

Other than that, its simply a very comfortable and powerful cruiser, never laggy at all.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Satisfaction Empty Satisfaction

Post by shaun88 Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:32 am

Please can I have your comment on your A6H pro and cons? Are you satisfied on your purchased?

shaun88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum