The Audi A6 Hybrid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stained Exterior Plastic Edge of Windscreen

4 posters

Go down

Stained Exterior Plastic Edge of Windscreen Empty Re: Stained Exterior Plastic Edge of Windscreen

Post by jan999 Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:53 am

Dont think Malaysia selling

i just got mine mailed from China. though not 100% fit but near 95%. a perfect way to cover it up

jan999

Back to top Go down

Stained Exterior Plastic Edge of Windscreen Empty Re: Stained Exterior Plastic Edge of Windscreen

Post by OngSY Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:37 am

Does anyone know whether the thin stainless steel metal plates are sold in Klang Valley?

OngSY

Back to top Go down

Post by davlimhl Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:03 am

I bought it for RMB 198, about the same price as yours after conversion to USD. Smile

davlimhl

Back to top Go down

Post by jan999 Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:37 am

thank you bro dav. i bought it from Aliexpress also. total USD3x. hope that i didnt kena chop Smile

jan999

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:13 am

davlimhl wrote:Yes, it's meant for Audi A6 C7.
You can find this item in TaoBao website, just type Audi A6 C7 to search...there's plenty of suppliers selling this item with different pricing.

Thanks Bro... nicer too!

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by davlimhl Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:53 am

Yes, it's meant for Audi A6 C7.
You can find this item in TaoBao website, just type Audi A6 C7 to search...there's plenty of suppliers selling this item with different pricing.

davlimhl

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:14 am

Look like it perfectly fit there?
Is it designed for A6 C7?
TQ

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by davlimhl Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:18 am

As per yr request, bro...
Stained Exterior Plastic Edge of Windscreen Pictur12

davlimhl

Back to top Go down

Post by jan999 Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:30 am

dav, can u share the picture?

jan999

Back to top Go down

Post by davlimhl Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:39 am

For the windscreen left & right side rubber, what I did was double-side tape a pair of thin stainless steel metal plate (bought from Tao Bao) at it to cover up. This not only improve the apperance of the car but also serve as a protective cover to prevent oxidation to the rubber.

davlimhl

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:47 am

i used silicone to make it shine and it stays nice for a few days... up to a week or so... then it's back.
For certain 'degil' areas, try to use KIWI® Shoe Polish! Worked a bit longer.

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by davlimhl Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:13 am

Mine too having the same problem as yours....not only at the windscreen left & right side rubbers but also on all 4 doors' window....did you check ?

davlimhl

Back to top Go down

Stained Exterior Plastic Edge of Windscreen Empty Stained Exterior Plastic Edge of Windscreen

Post by OngSY Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:45 am

Hi everyone.  I would like to ask if any of you are facing the issue of having stained exterior plastic edges of the windscreen on the right and left sides.  

For my car, even after I have had it washed clean, the exterior plastic edges of the windscreen on the right and left sides always still have stain marks.  The stain marks are like round water marks.  To remove them, I have to use wax polish with quite a bit of effort.  After a week or so of using the car and washing it again, the stain marks re-appeared.  The car wash guy said this is common for Audi cars.  I am sceptical of that remark.  

Any of you having similar issue?  If any of you have a permanent solution to removing these stains, please share.

Thank you.

OngSY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down