The Audi A6 Hybrid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A6H vs BMW vs Mercedes

5 posters

Go down

A6H vs BMW vs Mercedes  Empty Re: A6H vs BMW vs Mercedes

Post by genkis3 Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:32 pm

unless u've booked 528i, unless u can't drive without BMW handling.
u should seriously consider cancel the BMW order. just my $0.02 la...Razz 

genkis3

Back to top Go down

Post by walkman Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Jeffreyong63 wrote:Hi all sifu,

For those who own or book A6H, if not because of the price, will you still go for A6H?

And why?

Appreciate if you can provide your opinion as my Audi SA tells me that i'm able to get my car at november, whereby i've booked a BMW and it's going to be ready on September

Thanks
Hi,
I bought this A6H only because of its price, and because of its price alone. At below RM300k, nothing can touch it. It has the badge status of both MB & BMW. It is because of its tax and excise duties free status that allow it to be sold at this price.

After 2 months and 5000km of driving, I like its ride as compare to a BMW 5 series (non M-Sport). Can't say any thing about MB E-class, never sit on the current models. This A6H's torque is very very good. I drove up to Cameron Highland recently just to test its performance. Put the transmission to sports mode, it never drop below 3rd gear, while pulling up hill through hair pin corners. Much better than my previous ride, BMW 325. However, too much weight on the right pedal will cause undesirable torque steer. The handling of this car is no match to my previous ride. Going downhill, its braking performance its excellent. At one tight hairpin corner, I misjudged it. Floored the brake, I can feel the engine brake worked very well together. However, engine braking (energy recuperating) its a nuisance in city driving to me. Overall, I'm very please with it as regard to how much I pay for it. I love its look, its specification and I wash and detail the car myself every weekend. Never before I wash a car myself except my first car.

Will I buy it if it price the same as the rest of the Germans' ride?

No. 1. After sales service of Audi here is a big disappointment. 2. Handling of this car is like a Camry, no match to MB and BMW. 3, BMW has improved very much in ergonomic and interior design over the past few years. In fact, there are some quirks in Audi operation that are not so user friendly, and 4. Fuel economy not as good as a diesel, despite it is a hybrid car.

Hope my 2 months driving and ownership experience can help you to decide. I think many of us here are previous Bimmer owners, so we leaned more on driving experience. However, if comfort is more important to you, this is a very good car. Again, at this price, I can't ask for more.

Enjoy...
walkman
walkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigabelova Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:22 pm

So far the pros besides price for me are:

-Comfort
-Build Quality
-Technology
-Space
-Understated and elegant look

The cons for me are:

-More A6H's on the road (less exclusivity)
-Lousy Euromobil SA Service
-Trunk space sucks

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Anyway, do check out the new E class. It looks pretty sporty, less uncle-ish than previous models.

Check out their innovative Agility Financing scheme to own the car.

I think the 5er is beginning to look a little tired, even with the facelift. Possibly a victim of its own success with the sea of 5er on the road.

If I can't get the A6h, I'll probably give the E a serious look.

Put it this way, I'm more happy owning the A6h because after years of being screwed by the govt's high taxes, this is the very least a payback in some ways. Hehe

Admin
Admin

https://a6hybrid.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:57 pm

I think its the price that is the main attraction but will I get it over a BMW 520d for instance? Well, at the point when I was booking the A6h, there was an offer of a pre reg for 520d at $308k, which means the price difference is merely 20k. I still chose the A6h for the technology it offers, refinements in terms of ride, extensive specs and beautiful cockpit, space (not the boot tho'), and the tremendously sexy LED headlamps.

For this price (ok, I'm talking price again), you will have on tap 245hp and 480 nm torque on demand, that's 528i territory.

Also, its a little more exclusive than a 5er since this is considered a limited edition run.

So far, no regrets. My home minister is happy with the space and comfort while I'm equally at home with the power.

If you can live with the crappy euromobil after service reputation, you'll love this German slut.

Admin
Admin

https://a6hybrid.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

A6H vs BMW vs Mercedes  Empty A6H vs BMW vs Mercedes

Post by Jeffreyong63 Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:25 am

Hi all sifu,

For those who own or book A6H, if not because of the price, will you still go for A6H?

And why?

Appreciate if you can provide your opinion as my Audi SA tells me that i'm able to get my car at november, whereby i've booked a BMW and it's going to be ready on September

Thanks

Jeffreyong63

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum