The Audi A6 Hybrid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tax exemption for CBU hybrids ceased

5 posters

Go down

Tax exemption for CBU hybrids ceased Empty Re: Tax exemption for CBU hybrids ceased

Post by Screwu Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:49 am

Just renewed mine yesterday. As mentioned, sum insured is 245k. With additional add ons ie windscreen, special perils etc

Screwu

Back to top Go down

Tax exemption for CBU hybrids ceased Empty Re: Tax exemption for CBU hybrids ceased

Post by Admin Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:59 am

Just got a renewal notice from Uni.Asia . The suggested insured sum is RM 303k, even much higher than the purchase price last year.

Whatever it is, I have enough of this crappy insurance company. Lousy customer service. Till today, my friend and I have still not receive our original policies. Go figure!

Admin
Admin

https://a6hybrid.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Screwu Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:38 am

Agree with you that we pay less with lower sum insured. The special thing about the agreed value is that if the car got stolen, total loss etc, aig pays rm245k no questions asked.

Screwu

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:20 am

Screwu wrote:Aig quoted rm245k sum insured (agreed value).

As long as our car is not stolen or we dont make total loss claim, we are safe to insure and make insurance claim using this sum insured amount. Actually, this is good as we pay less insurance based on their quoted sum insured RM245k in this case against RM300k or more actual value of the A6H.

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by Screwu Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:15 am

Aig quoted rm245k sum insured (agreed value).

Screwu

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:42 pm

Quite true... Walk in to Audi showroom today and the a6h is a special order with estimated price of 420k, I was told. The replacement value is definitely much higher than the 238k advised sum insured.

Heck, the standard bare bones A6 is already 350k which makes the significantly higher spec-ed a6h a bargain even at 290k for a pre-owned unit.

With the thunderstorm season in full swing, it's definitely advisable to get special perils coverage which cost 0.5% of the sum insured

mamadA6H wrote:
Admin wrote:I checked with my insurance agent with lonpac and he says the system indicated a fair insurable value of 238k in the system. Therefore, in theory, we are allowed to insure not lower than 10% of that value and won't risk under insurance.

That's the problem with insurance. If total lost or stolen, you ll only get up to the max sum insured i.e. 238k
whereas the market value now for one year old A6H is about 290k. That is the actual replacement value.
i also took the flood cover n windscreen... the rate are high!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:24 pm

Admin wrote:I checked with my insurance agent with lonpac and he says the system indicated a fair insurable value of 238k in the system. Therefore, in theory, we are allowed to insure not lower than 10% of that value and won't risk under insurance.

That's the problem with insurance. If total lost or stolen, you ll only get up to the max sum insured i.e. 238k
whereas the market value now for one year old A6H is about 290k. That is the actual replacement value.
i also took the flood cover n windscreen... the rate are high!

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:37 am

I checked with my insurance agent with lonpac and he says the system indicated a fair insurable value of 238k in the system. Therefore, in theory, we are allowed to insure not lower than 10% of that value and won't risk under insurance.

I'm thinking of adding special perils to the coverage to insure against loss related to storm, tempest and flooding.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:05 am

Admin wrote:My insurance renewal will fall due in mid May. Wonder how Uni Asia will advise on the insurable amount?  Anyone has done theirs besides our new member here.  Funny that they advise you to insure 270k when their indicative market value is lower.  

Thanks Admin - hope the forum will get lively again. It has been quiet since January.

Actually, in my case, the takaful operator is within our group, so, we prefer to insure with them. I was told, the car's market value comes from ISM (Insurance Services).
I'll confirm with them again on the mkt value. Anyway, let's hope those who have renewed their insurance update us with their situation.

TQ

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by Screwu Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:05 am

Euromobil wanted to use uniasia too(same geng maa) but after asking whether they hv special perils coverage, they don't know or don't understand what I'm saying...so I did my own with aig..same goes with my other cars. Mine due for renewal end april

Screwu

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:39 am

My insurance renewal will fall due in mid May. Wonder how Uni Asia will advise on the insurable amount?  Anyone has done theirs besides our new member here.  Funny that they advise you to insure 270k when their indicative market value is lower.  

Btw, I'll also be shifting away my insurance from Uni Asia.  crappy company with lousy support.  Until today, I have yet to receive my original policy.  Various calls were made and they simply say their policy despatch is outsourced and they can't follow up.  I screwed them kaw kaw and they just sent me a copy of the policy via email and asked me to wait for the original.  That was like 7 months ago.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:47 am

Hi Guys

i got the A6H as second owner and funny how the cost of the car appeared on the insurance/ takaful cover note. I followed their advise on the Sum Covered and realised the last item below "ABI Market Value" as RM232000. Over-insured?

Jumlah Perlindungan / Sum Covered             RM 268000.00
ABI Harga Pasaran / ABI Market Value          RM 232000.00

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by Screwu Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:26 am

A6h owners rejoice...we really got a bargain fellas...

Screwu

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:17 am

Yeah, screwu is right! 2013 stocks are all they can sell because which guy in his right mind will pay $420k for one in2014?

Because of this, there are some opportunists in mudah selling it new for 330k while a used one was advertised for 300k

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Screwu Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:11 am

Cannot play anymore bro...checkmate oredi...lol

Screwu

Back to top Go down

Post by rsrajin Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:58 am

It'll be interesting to see how euromobil plays this. Will the A6 2.0 now be offered as a base model (eqv to 520i ), while the A6H competes with the 528i?

Has anyone managed to get the official price of the 2014 A6H, or is Euromobil's response gonna be the standard "Sorry kereta sudah habis", while they figure out a strategy in light of the NAP   ...   ;-)

rsrajin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:18 am

What screwu said about better resale value may be true. Compared to Prius, which may be subjected to a lower sales price when it is eventually CKD-ed, the A6h will almost never be locally assembled. This should translate to a more robust resale value. It has held its value pretty well now, should continue to hold comparatively better than mass produced competitors in the light of what's announced

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Screwu Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:34 am

I don't think there're issues wrt to service and parts...most using common parts with others...and imported too ie not affected by our stoopeed NAP policy
knowing the greedy nature of the insurance fellas, they might think of someway to increase the sum insured. On the flip side, the value of our rides will go up as well..

Screwu

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:16 am

I used to own an Audi TT Mk1. Now, that was rare but yet, I could still get parts from Audi stockists in Jln Ipoh.

The A6h has sold a little over 1000 units and is quite a common sight in Klang Valley. Surely, its sales is much greater in numbers than A7 or A8 and because it's an official model brought in by euromobil,they are obligated to support the model, both in parts and service infrastructure. The battery pack, bar abuse, is expected to last the lifetime of the car while the service intervals and costs will be the same as the standard a6.

With the abolishment of the tax free status, the car is going to cost around $420k and will probably be on special order status, which means demand for the new car will dwindle or become non existent. They will then only sell the standard A6 which was retailing for $350k with vastly inferior specs.

In a way, the resale value of the A6h should be somewhat stable with the nice cushion of $50k price difference, and superior specs between it and its conventional cousin.

As far as parts and service are concerned, its a non issue. But I just wonder how this will affect our insurable value from next year. Will the insurance companies raise the insurable value on renewal in the light if this new development?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigabelova Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:34 pm

There are people are saying that because the A6h price is going back up, Euromobil will discontinue this model. If that is so, would replacement parts and service for the vehicle become a problem in the Klang Valley? What is your take?

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

Tax exemption for CBU hybrids ceased Empty Tax exemption for CBU hybrids ceased

Post by Admin Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:33 pm

http://paultan.org/2014/01/20/nap-2014-cbu-hybrid-ev-incentives-discontinued/

Someone posted that there's some residue stocks of the a6h still left at euromobil. Grab it before the price increases to circa $420k on fully applied tax, as quoted by SA during launch time

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down