The Audi A6 Hybrid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dynamic Steering

+2
Admin
renegade
6 posters

Go down

Dynamic Steering Empty Re: Dynamic Steering

Post by Admin Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:49 am

Bro mamad

Maybe you could try to check if you have set the steering mode to Sports.

Personally, I don't like steering feel at comfort which is why I set my individual preference to Sports for steering and Auto for gearbox response.

Even that, I feel the steering feel is soft. And no, I don't experience any difference in handling between the time I start moving the car till a later drive.

In any event, at 18k km, an alignment job is probably due

Admin
Admin

https://a6hybrid.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mamadA6H Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi experienced A6H bros - i'm kinda new here.
Not sure if the issue I am encountering with the steering response is similar to your experience.

Usually, in the morning or during the first hour, on straight road/ highway, the steering feel is somewhat "stiff". I mean, it is not smooth when you make that left or right adjustment while driving. There is some kind of resistance when I try to slightly adjust the steering to left/ right. Something wrong with my car's alignment or is this normal? 70% of the time the steering is OK and smooth. (Bought the car at 18k km on ori Michelin tyre).

TQ

mamadA6H

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:56 pm

Yeah, ultra high performance tyres like the Goodyear Asymetric 2 or Toyo T1R, etc

Very importantly! Make sure you ask for XL rated tyre version for whatever makes you buy. It comes with reinforced sidewall to handle the extra weight of the car else you may get a bulge

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:59 am

ultra high performance tyre?

genkis3

Back to top Go down

Post by aziemann Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:16 pm

dont mind ...what is UHP tyre means.

aziemann

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:37 pm

Agree with you completely on this hkgan. Coming from an Msports e90 myself, the handling of the A6h is akin to a sampan.

I find You can better your handling experience by downshifting manually into corners than let the rather mundane 8 speeder hunt down the gears

Maybe I'll change to a UHP tyre when the turanza's life is up

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hkgan Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:30 pm

Having driven a Bimmer 5ser, e39 to e60 for last 11yrs, I really don't like the soft steering feel. A6Hy has the same feels of Camry / Japanese, it lack of the Germany's handling feel & confident.

Even with Dynamic set, I still find steering on corner and bend is still not as good compared to my previous car. But parking is much lighter and effortless.

I begin to miss my handling experience on bending at > 130km/h on highway !

hkgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:00 am

From the manual, it seems that if you choose dynamic Drive mode, the instrument cluster will display S indicating sports shift mode. Not sure if you have to manually invoke s mode everytime you restart the car. Maybe someone who has tried this can comment. My car is still being run in and in have this stubborn practice of adhering to the run in period moderate driving guidelines

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:02 pm

guys,
when choose dynamic, gear shift will switch to s-mode. 
but if i restart the car, with Dynamic choosen, gear shift will change back to d-mode.
i need to manual shift to S-mode everytime i start the car...even with Dynamic. only the steering remain dynamic but not the transmission.
is this normal or something wrong with mine?

genkis3

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Yep, auto is based on speed. 

Initially, didn't felt the difference between comfort and auto. Once tyres were properly run in, it handled better but still have to manually downshift to get that cornering confidence 

Maybe it's also because the tyre is comfort based Bridgestone turanza. Same ones used on a camry. Only differences are they're made in Poland and XL rated which stands for extra load, ie has a reinforced sidewall. Makes sense cos this beast weighs in at 1.8 tonnes

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by renegade Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:48 pm

I don't feel any difference with Auto. Suspect it detects based on the speed? Do you feel the change/difference?

Anyway you can go to individual and set dynamic only for steering. However I've went for full dynamic since Day 3. I can feel the throttle better, just try not to overdo it.

renegade

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Don't use comfort for regular driving, it handles like a sampan. 

The manual recommends auto for regular driving while comfort should only be used on long distance drives. 

I've not used dynamic, still running in the engine

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dynamic Steering Empty Dynamic Steering

Post by renegade Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:39 pm

The comfort mode has little feedback, especially during cornering which in itself the A6 chasis feels very rigid.

Dynamic is better, but still somewhat lacking. Otherwise it feels like driving a toy car. Just my opinion.

How is everyone else' feeling so far? I wonder if it's possible to do manual tuning for more feedback.

renegade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down