Post delivery quality issues

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wind noise

Post by jamessd on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:57 am

Had my car in the Shah Alam workshop for a week for the wind noise above 90 km/hr. Well, now the wind noise is above 120 km/hr. The tech told me that thats all that can be done. The wind noise is bearable but i think it should not be there. Any suggestion of what else that can be done?
jamessd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post delivery quality issues

Post by SJohn on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:55 am

Hi bro, I too very keen on S6 conversion. Can share with me the supplier contact, address & $$ involved ? Via PM also can. Thks.
SJohn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:21 pm

S6 wanabe...Embarassed 

genkis3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:20 pm

genkis3 wrote:i decided not wasting my time to send them to fix underneath noise anymore. so i'd alrdy change the coilover,20"rims,and S6 convertion, which will avoid warranty. but it shouldn't affect gearbox warranty right?
*after changed coilover the noise still there, not related to suspension.

Pictures please..... bounce Laughing 

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://a6hybrid.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:51 am

i decided not wasting my time to send them to fix underneath noise anymore. so i'd alrdy change the coilover,20"rims,and S6 convertion, which will avoid warranty. but it shouldn't affect gearbox warranty right?
*after changed coilover the noise still there, not related to suspension.

genkis3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:26 am

genkis3 wrote:left my car in Euromobil for 1month... finally get back my car...WITH THE PROBLEMS REMAIN!!!!! THEY DIDN'T SOLVE ANY OF THE PROBLEMS I COMPLAIN!!!

I feel for you mate.  But that's what euromobil is famous for.  I had my car in for two weeks to check on some suspension and steering noises.  Took the car back with the same orchestra still playing.

I think they just leave your car there to wear down your resolve instead

Luckily, after driving for a some time, the noise disappears. I truly dread visiting euromobil.  The whole customer service experience and satisfaction simply sucks big time.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:03 pm

left my car in Euromobil for 1month... finally get back my car...WITH THE PROBLEMS REMAIN!!!!! THEY DIDN'T SOLVE ANY OF THE PROBLEMS I COMPLAIN!!!

genkis3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:10 pm

genkis3 wrote:
Admin wrote:
genkis3 wrote:like the sound of bicycle chain...

I just recalled that my previous e90 had this clunking sound when the gear shifts from two to one, or three to two.  Sent it in to BMW and they said it just needed a gearbox recalibration.  What they did was to plug in their diagnostics device into the car and drove it thru the gears while recalibrating them.  It was ok after that.

Wonder if your gearbox similarly just require a good calibration of the gears too.

this is Audi SC... u know what i mean. if not they don't need to request tech support from SG.

Which is why I'm hoping that Audi will retake the main dealership from euromobil and assume the principal's role before the Brandt's support network continues to deteriorate further.

When Audi SG called to enquire about my pre and post buying experience, I gave them an honest evaluation which was mediocre at best

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Admin wrote:

I just recalled that my previous e90 had this clunking sound when the gear shifts from two to one, or three to two.  Sent it in to BMW and they said it just needed a gearbox recalibration.  What they did was to plug in their diagnostics device into the car and drove it thru the gears while recalibrating them.  It was ok after that.

Wonder if your gearbox similarly just require a good calibration of the gears too.

this is Audi SC... u know what i mean. if not they don't need to request tech support from SG.

genkis3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:23 pm

thanks for suggestion. Smile 
contact SG or Germany will be last step. will try to talk with glenmarie manager tomorrow.

genkis3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:32 am

I just recalled that my previous e90 had this clunking sound when the gear shifts from two to one, or three to two. Sent it in to BMW and they said it just needed a gearbox recalibration. What they did was to plug in their diagnostics device into the car and drove it thru the gears while recalibrating them. It was ok after that.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:53 am

Why don't you try to call Audi SG and ask them to connect you to customer care division, explain your problem and request to be connected to the regional customer care dept. when you finally get to speak with someone, follow up by an email and firmly state that such issues with a new car is unacceptable and neither is the after sales support provided.

Demand for a full replacement of the parts and meanwhile, a courtesy car for your use failing which you will lodge a report at the consumer tribunal including but not limited to legal avenues to compensate for the expenses in time and resources for which is no fault of yours

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:30 am

like the sound of bicycle chain...

genkis3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:19 am

genkis3 wrote:promised 1 week, but alrdy near 3 weeks i left my car in audi sc without any status update from them..  
so i called SC just now , they told me my gearbox have probs, and alrdy sent letter to SG request for tect support to decide wether overhaul or change whole gearbox... wth, 3weeks after still can't decide what to do?????? and also no answer for me abt how long i still need to wait...
request them to arrange a car for me, rejected. but said will discuss with manager and see how...
Mad Mad Mad 

That sounds rather serious. What specifically was the problem with the gearbox? I noticed you mentioned a funny sound from 2nd to 1st, what kind of sound?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:57 am

promised 1 week, but alrdy near 3 weeks i left my car in audi sc without any status update from them..
so i called SC just now , they told me my gearbox have probs, and alrdy sent letter to SG request for tect support to decide wether overhaul or change whole gearbox... wth, 3weeks after still can't decide what to do?????? and also no answer for me abt how long i still need to wait...
request them to arrange a car for me, rejected. but said will discuss with manager and see how...
Mad Mad Mad 

genkis3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wind noise

Post by jamessd on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks for the info Admin, will inform u guys the result when it is done.
jamessd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:07 am

James, don't be arm twisted into submission.

Insist for your sa to make an appointment for you with the service manager to test drive the car with him. wind noise at 90kmh is totally unacceptable.

That's what my sa did and after the test drive, the service guys confirm the wind noise and external noise intrusion into the cabin deemed excessive too. They realigned the doors and rubber seals and it's improved significantly and for me, considered solved

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

wind noise

Post by jamessd on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:49 am

I called the SA, he said that they r aware of the wind noise on the A6 and nothing much can be done about it....any idea what I could do?
jamessd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by walkman on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:53 am

SJohn wrote:So you meant anything we should feedback to Audi AG instead of Audi MY ? Wink
Ya, the Germans are very concern of customers' satisfaction. They will put pressure on local distributors/dealers.
walkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SJohn on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:27 am

So you meant anything we should feedback to Audi AG instead of Audi MY ? Wink
SJohn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by walkman on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:55 pm

Last time, I had a few problems with my brand new BMW, I feedback to BMW AG. And I had very prompt reply from both Munich and Singapore. AB settles my problems very swiftly and loaned a courtesy car to me during that period.
walkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:48 am

James, if you refer to the first posting, that was my first complaint. It's unacceptable for a comfortable cruiser of this class to experience wind noise at that speed. Maybe at above 150k my, yes but not anything below. 

Send it back to audi and get them to realign the doors of the affected side(s). Caution though that you may need to make a 2 week advance booking to send it in and probably have to leave the car for a few days

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jamessd on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Does anyone has problems with wind noise when the speed is above 100km?
jamessd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Don't put your hopes too high mate. I've also listed the suspension noise over bumpy roads with them. They claimed to have lubricated the affected parts, came back again albeit lesser noise which I'll live with for time being till the next service 

And yes, mine was also diagnosed at glenmarie. However, do share if they have finally found a solution

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by genkis3 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:32 pm

mine also had some probs... 

suspension noise over bump.
click click sound from underneath on uneven road.
weird noise from engine bay when changing gear from 2 to 1st gear.

went to penang SA twice and probs remain. so i drove to glenmaria and put my car there for 1week... hopefully they can solve the probs when i get it next week.

they need to train more skilled technician for their branch...

genkis3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top