The Audi A6 Hybrid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

driving experience

+2
jan999
kcho
6 posters

Go down

driving experience Empty Re: driving experience

Post by Screwu Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:32 pm

The chrome panels on mine are fine on both sides.

Screwu

Back to top Go down

Post by PapaaZ Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:25 pm

May contribute to d loud noise on our batch of production. The left side is straight...must complaint.
I am sure there are more for those that took car collection around Sep to Nov...

PapaaZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigabelova Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Papa Z wrote:Speaking about  turbulence noise at driver side, any one experience the following:

1) Louder noise after window tinting?

2) Any one experience uneven chrome panes at the driver side door & right side rear door (the bottom part of the windows chrome panes)? As in this picture?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/18/63/09/87/photo13.jpg

3) I saw other A6H at the workshop are same too, wondering whether we should live with it?
Mine's the same. Was wondering if it was a factory defect...

Gigabelova

Back to top Go down

Post by PapaaZ Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:29 am

Speaking about  turbulence noise at driver side, any one experience the following:

1) Louder noise after window tinting?

2) Any one experience uneven chrome panes at the driver side door & right side rear door (the bottom part of the windows chrome panes)? As in this picture?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/18/63/09/87/photo13.jpg

3) I saw other A6H at the workshop are same too, wondering whether we should live with it?

PapaaZ

Back to top Go down

Post by edwardpua Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:11 pm

found tis in 1 forum, does it help?
8. Engine shut off with driver door open; (not really a gem per se but more of an irritating "feature" to some). On initial 2013 models at least with 0566 MMI software, it can be overridden by the dealer with a TSB software fix.

edwardpua

Back to top Go down

Post by kcho Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:03 pm

This is for safety reason.
When you stop the car (without this safety feature), the car may still running with the battery (power meter points towards READY, and the air-cond still blowing) but it is so quiet that someone may forget to press the stop button to switch off the battery.
once the battery has fully discharged, the petrol engine will start to charge the battery, then these cycle keep going on until the car is run out of fuel or the battery BURNT!

With this safety feature, on the other hand, the driver may have experience some difficulties when he/she need to get out from the vehicle, while there are passengers waiting in the car. What you can do is , after opening the door, press the start button again(with your foot on break paddle), then you get out from the vehicle and close the door. Don't lock the door from outside, as the engine will stop again, but get the front passenger to lock the door from inside, with the door lock button on the passenger side.

kcho

Back to top Go down

Post by edwardpua Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:30 pm

thx kcho, 1 more issue, why d engine die off after d driver stop d car n open d door with engine on?

edwardpua

Back to top Go down

Post by kcho Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:25 pm

It's normal. the jerking is especially felt when the car was using battery on the way out from parking lot, then come to T junction where I stop(still on battery). By the time I have to accelerate, can feel the car slightly jerk twice:first when the petrol engine starts, second when the turbo kick in.
No better choice, but have to get used to it.

kcho

Back to top Go down

Post by edwardpua Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:16 am

feel slight jerking when the engine starts again, does it normal?

edwardpua

Back to top Go down

Post by jan999 Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:14 am

i have only 2 complaints compared to my other previous german cars.

i) brake pedal weird position
ii) turbulence noise at driver side

the rest, i got no complaint

jan999

Back to top Go down

Post by kcho Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:58 am

One month down the line, the energy recuperation braking has become smoother. The braking system has more freeplay and much predictable now.I believed all the unusual feeling of getting into a new car will gone with time.
just love the car. If anything to improved, the road noise.

kcho

Back to top Go down

Post by jan999 Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:41 am

ya. i find that the position of the brake pedal seems too high and unpredictable as well.

for start stop. my previous ride, which is a F30 320i lagi lagi worse. i had to bang table to BMW Malaysia to get them deactivate for me

the suspension seriously too soft and understeer a lot

jan999

Back to top Go down

driving experience Empty driving experience

Post by kcho Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Two weeks on the road, mainly in the city, have done 550km so far. Here is some of my personnel experience:
1)the energy recuperation (with a short pedal braking) giving an unpredictable braking force even with constant pedal pressure. this is even more obvious when brake heavily.

2) the switching from combustion engine to electrical drive is hardly noticeable, but can feel slight jerking when the engine starts again. This is especially true when I make a slow cornering (combustion engine shutdown) in to tight lane, then accelerate.

3) the suspension and tyres are getting softer over time, giving a comfort and quiet ride.

kcho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down