The Audi A6 Hybrid Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest fuel consumption

+11
mamadA6H
PapaaZ
kcho
genkis3
SJohn
shaun88
Gigabelova
Screwu
walkman
Admin
Casioguy
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Latest fuel consumption - Page 3 Empty Re: Latest fuel consumption

Post by Casioguy Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:05 am

Admin, I can tell you that you are going to enjoy the feel of the engine power & torque once you unleash the beast within. I have an Audi 3.0TDI and I find the A6h much more addictive in comparison. The latter is just so much more refined.

Casioguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:00 am

walkman wrote:Forget about fuel consumption. Shift down to sports mode, and feel how this car overtakes! The torque feel is addictive!

I'm a very old fashioned guy when it comes to my cars. I'll follow the run in period quite religiously. I've only done 1250km in about 3 months. A little more to go before all hell breaks lose and I can relish the thrill of my BMW diesel days

Admin
Admin

https://a6hybrid.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Casioguy Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Agree, though the normal drive mode is very good in overtaking already. I found that sports mode use the engine almost full time and is a quick way to charge up the battery in case you have to garage the car for a month or more. I found the battery to be still full after being idled for 5 weeks.

Casioguy

Back to top Go down

Post by walkman Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:30 pm

Forget about fuel consumption. Shift down to sports mode, and feel how this car overtakes! The torque feel is addictive!
walkman
walkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:08 pm

The fuel consumption thread is still within this sub forum and your posting is still available. It's just that I've changed the order of display to show latest thread first since I find this more convenient when clicking on thread on the main page than having to click twice to access the latest posting.

My 60/40 city/highway drive of about 300km now is clocking about 9.1l/100km. Still practicing hybrid driving techniques but not often as before and started to rev up the slut finally

Admin
Admin

https://a6hybrid.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Latest fuel consumption - Page 3 Empty Latest fuel consumption

Post by Casioguy Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:14 am

Hmmm...not sure if my earlier post about the above went through as I don't see the message on the board. To recap, my latest FC is 8.83 lt/100 km (30.8 mpg) running 470 km, more or less 40/60 city/highway. Didn't drive with fuel economy in mind - no pulse and glide or any special techniques as employed by some experts here. The car is very torquey and actually very fun to drive. For a car of this size and performance, I think the FC is very commendable indeed.

Casioguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3